19 January 2014

2014 - A year of reaping the fruits

Ok, let's make some New Years resolutions for this year! (It's about time!)

But first, here's an evaluation on last year's resoltion, which was:
This year I will be working on my longest project ever!

Technically, my childrens manga Mjau! is still my longest project as Sword Princess Amaltea that I'm working on now is only at right below 200 pages. During 2013 I managed to make 175 of them, which is a good march but not near the 255 pages of Mjau!
Still, I am working on this new big project, and it will be my longest to date when I'm done with it, so I'll give myself a 4 out of 5 for this. Yaaay!

Now, to this year's resolution:
I will get myself a drivers license!
Yup, that's right. I'm almost 28 years old and still don't know how to drive a car, lol. Honestly, not untill recently have I felt the need to. But since making lot's of manga books and going to conventions and fairs to sell these means having to drag along a lot of books and almost breaking your back, and still not getting all you wanna get with you, have made me determined to do this. I need a drivers license.

But on the other hand, I'm dead scared. I hate the traffic. I'm really scared (to death) of even thinking of sitting behind a steering wheel and having to make that car move.
I'm not kidding you, this is a fear of mine; I will die in a car, probably by ny own hand or when I'm driving.

Any tip on how to overcome this fear is appreciated. Thank you.


A small report on Sword Princess Amaltea:

Things have been a little slow, since I've had other things to take care of, and also been working on an English ebook version of the first volume. Today I got back on track and inked page 42 of 165!
I'll return soon with more on the English ebook soon.

Here's a sketch for the cover design for the Swedish book 2! Yep, Amaltea will get a minor make-over, as you can see.




Thanks for still reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment